25-Year Structural Guarantee
We stand behind every home we build, and that’s why we extend a 25-Year Structural Guarantee to our valued Clients.
We will rectify any performance failing of the following structural elements of your new home:
- Foundation systems, concrete and or strip footing, as specified in the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australian Standards – where structural failure is defined as ‘Damage Category 3’ or higher; and
- Structural timbers and steel in wall or roof framing as specified in the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australian Standards.
It is a condition of the 25-Year Structural Guarantee that you maintain your home in accordance with the terms of contract between us; CSIRO’s Guide to Home Owners on Foundation Maintenance and Footing Performance; and the Home Owner’s Information Guide which is provided at handover.
The 25-Year Structural Guarantee does not cover in the following circumstances:
- site conditions that are experienced post-handover that are outside of our control;
- damage caused by trees, storms, fire, flooding or acts of God;
- minor cracking (as defined in AS2870, Appendix B).
- renovations, additions or other structural changes (including significant landscaping and pools) undertaken to the home post-handover;
- a structural failure caused by anything other than our workmanship or our supply of materials;
- unforeseen influences that we may not have been aware of.
Who is covered?
The initial purchaser of a home constructed by us is eligible to make a claim. The 25-Year Structural Guarantee is not transferable.